Mar 22 2011
If you are making a website to earn online or want to popular your brand in the world wide web, then it is important to understand the demand of SEO; a technical process to make your website more visible in search engines. To rank into top positioning, it is always recommended that your website design should be friendly to search engine robots / crawlers.
How to design an SEO friendly website?
We should understand one thing before applying any optimization technique that our objective should be, making our website more user-friendly. But rankings are also essential to get business from the website which can be done by making it friendly with search engine robots. Here are the guidelines -
- Give More Importance to Content – Content and content is the only basic food of search engine robots. So, avoid flash animations and images as much as you can. Make your website a keyword rich web site.
- Page Load Speed – Try to make your web pages light. If you have heavy data, divide that page into 2-3 pages to get the best load speed. It is also necessary in terms of visitors’ flexibility.
- Validate your code and make it more refined.
- Browser Compatibility – Check your website design that it should be compatible with all known web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome etc.
- Say NO to Frames – Search engine spiders are unable to read frames. So, there is no use having frame based website.
- Alt Tag placement - Make sure to use alt attribute to your all images. Alt tag should be relevant and descriptive to your image. In this way, it will be readable and you can get benefit in getting placement in Search engine image search results.
- Convert your dynamic pages into static web pages – If you have a dynamic nature website, try to get an alternate or opt for a CMS which makes SEO friendly web pages. Not every search engine is able to crawl dynamic web pages.
- Provide a Sitemap to your users and search engine robots.
- Check broken links and all typographical errors.